CITY OF JACKSONVILLE
City-wide yard sale policy for September 2012 – September 7-9, 201
1) Allow sales for all participants Friday, Saturday and Sunday September 7-9.
2) Require a vendor business licenses which is a cost of $10 per day (purchase at City offices) for all parties other than Jacksonville residents selling their own possessions, from their own property.
3) Permit issued by city staff to be displayed on each vendor booth. Permits can be purchased NO LATER than September 5th at 3 pm. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please allow time to mail the permit unless purchasing in person. (Cash or checks only- PO Box 7, Jacksonville OR 97530 – 110 E Main)
4) No sales or displays in the public right-of-way.
5) Set-up to be allowed Thursday, September 6, no earlier than 6 pm and ending no later than 10 pm. (NO SALES ALLOWED during setup).
6) Sales allowed beginning at 7 am on each day of the three day event and ending no later than 10 pm on each day of the event.
7) No sales from any vehicle parked in the public right-of-way.
8) Non-profit organizations will be issued a permit at no charge (status is verified on Secretary of State website).
9) No permit will be needed for homeowners who sell from their own property within the city limits.
10) If a homeowner sells from a commercial, public use (ie: Church, authorized parking lot etc) or non-residential property the homeowner will be considered a vendor and will be charged the permit fee of $10 per day and will be subject to the posting of the permit requirements.
11) If sales are done by an entity with a current Jacksonville business license a permit will be issued at no charge.
12) There will be a greater effort by City staff to cordon off N 5th St as it is a State Highway and no parking is allowed. Parking will be addressed by Public Works on E California St to the east of N. 5th.
13) Parking citations will be issued for those illegally parked.
14) All food vendors must meet requirements set forth by Jackson County.
Safety is the top concern for this event. Please help keep the streets clear for emergency vehicles to pass through. Remind people to be cautious of the extra traffic and the dangers of crossing the streets when they are crowded. Remind people they are not allowed to leave vehicles in the traffic lane ‘even for a moment’.
– Have a successful sale weekend!